Monday, November 28, 2011

30 Days of...
Day 28...
Today I am going to try to be thankful for the negative, stressful things in my life! I know I have read something similar to this before, but here is my own personal version:
I am thankful for the multiple loads of laundry, cause it means my loved ones are active and blessed with energy to get dirty!
**
I am thankful for the alarm clock going off this morning, because it means I woke up to enjoy another day in a life I love.
**
I am thankful for, what seems like never ending amounts of dead grass that end up all over our house and shows up so obviously on our wood floors! It reminds me that our boys love to play outside and that we are blessed with a big, safe backyard for them to run around in!
**
I am thankful that I have to go to the grocery store today... I am blessed with a family to feed, growing boys that snack like maniacs, and a hubby who loves my cooking!
**
I am thankful for a garage full of tubs and craft items that are waiting for me to 'redo' them!! Although I know it drives the hubs nuts, I know all the memories that those tubs store!!! Baby pics, bibs, sweet outfits our boys wore in their 3 month pictures, blankets and toys I hope to pass on to our grandkids! I love knowing we are fortunate enough to have "stuff", when so many in this world don't!!!
**
I am thankful for the toothpaste marks all over the sink and mirror, that I try to keep clean every day... it means our boys are learning to take care of themselves!
**
I am thankful for the bills we have to pay... simply because it means we are earning our living, working as a family to make ends meet and to give each other a life full of precious earnings that we come by on our own!!
**
I am thankful for the unmade beds (that drive my OCD crazy) because it means our family had a warm, safe night's sleep!
 **
I am thankful for this crazy life we lead... the weeks ahead are full of parties, birthdays, lunches, soccer practices and games, church activities, dinners, family arriving, school performances, trips to here and there... you name it and we will squeeze it in! 
It gets stressful and sometimes cumbersome, but I wouldn't trade it for anything! It is our life, it is given to us by God's grace! He chose us to lead this life and I am proud to follow his lead! I could get bogged down in all the difficulties in the plan God has laid before me, but instead I am going to be thankful for them!!!

Always - Abbey

No comments:

Post a Comment