Friday, January 11, 2013

With Purpose...

Lately as I stalk my favorite blogs and Instagram sites, I have seen a lot of ladies pick out words to 'title' their year ahead. I immediately loved this idea and of course began masterminding how I would snag this idea and make it my own! I am in a planning mood this year. I am channeling some weird sort of Mother Teresa/Ghandi/Interior Decorator/Life Coach/Guru person from the TLC channel these days!!! I may even name this alter ego person I turn into... just so when I get in that zone where I am cleaning out every nook in my closet (while singing along to praise music and reciting motivation tag phrases in my head) I know who's taken over my body!!!! Ha!!! Ok.. I digress...

After thinking of about 10 different words and writing them all down, here's what I decided upon:
PURPOSE...
And to take that one step further...
PURPOSEFUL...

I want to live and act with purpose this year. Being fully aware of that which surrounds me. I really like the idea of consciously taking stock of all that I have in front of me on a daily basis, so that I can see with wide, bright eyes the gifts that are placed at my feet every second of every day!!! I think that when you act purposefully, you give a solid foundation to your daily life. From that, it can lead to a peace from within and a calm, secure mindfulness that can whisper words of reassurance when you start to doubt yourself! Don't get me wrong, I still want spontaneity!! I dig spur of the moment times that call for you to throw all purpose and planning to the side! With that said though, I think adding a purposeful mindset to my already full and grace filled life will only bring more joy to the spontaneous moments God throws at me. I just want my eyes to be open to the "why" of what my life holds this year. I want to give purpose and accept my His purpose more whole heartedly in the days ahead! With purpose I hope to give more meaning, awareness and attention to the love that surrounds me... even when times get hard or don't go according to my plan!!! Because even with all the planning and purpose I plan to give to my days, I still need to remember that my plan isn't ultimately mine to layout. 

'For I have come down from heaven not to do my own will and purpose... but to do the will and purpose of Him Who sent me' John 6:38
'To everything there is a season and a time for every matter or purpose under Heaven.' Ecclesiastes 3:1

Here's to finding my His purpose...

Always - Abbey

No comments:

Post a Comment