Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Words on repeat...

Lately I have been finding solace, motivation, encouragment, and idenity with this band: 
NEEDTOBREATHE
Their voices are bold and raspy. They speak to my soul and lend me stregnth when I lack it. I find refuge in music, always have! When I don't have the words, or when I am in a funk (good or bad) music has always been something I could turn to and never feel let down! Lyrics cover me, relax me, identify with me, hold me until I feel like I am safe to walk on my own again. This band is my latest shelter... Here are some of their words on repeat in my head, playing on my ipod when I run, turned up loud in my kitchen while I do dishes and sung out loud in my car with tears at times and sometimes with just a hand beating on the steering wheel...

Even when rain falls, even when the flood starts rising, even when the storm comes... I am washed by the water. Even when the earth crumbles under my feet. Even when the ones I love turn around and crucify me... I won't never, ever let you down. I won't fall, I won't fall, I won't fall as long as you are around me!
******
If your lost and lonely, your broken down.. bring all of your troubles and come lay 'em down. 
We're all tied to the same old failings, finding shelter in things we know, we're all dirty like corrupted small towns.
Come all you broken, come all helpless, bring all your troubles and come lay 'em down.
******
Hey, now this is my desire... comsume me like a fire, cause just want something beautiful to touch me. I know that I am in reach cause I am down on my knees, and waiting for something beautiful.
******
Cause I need more time, just a few more months and we'll be fine. So say what's on your mind, cause I can't figure out just what's inside. 
We're off to a new land, so hold my hands... 
It's a whole lot brighter, so stand by the fire... it's gonna be alright.
Yeah, the road gets harder, but it's not much farther.
It's gonna be alright.
You know it ain't easy, but please believe me..
It's gonna be alright.
******
Pain is alive in a broken heartThe past never does go awayWe were born to loveAnd we're born to pay the price for our mistakesGrace, she comes with a heavy loadMemories, they can't be erasedLike a pill I swallow, it makes me wellBut leaves an awful taste
Oh, I know this song won't doEnough to prove my love to youIn my heart you'll always knowThere is a place only love can goThere is a place only you can go
Take my notions and words to heartThis is the cry of a manI can't bring you fortune or a noble lifeBut I'll love you all I can
******
If you soldier onHeadstrong into the stormI'll be here waiting on the other sideDon't look backThe road is longThe first days of the war are goneTake back your former throne and turn the tide
Cause if you never leave home, never let goYou'll never make it to the great unknown till youKeep your eyes open, my loveSo tell me you're strong, tell me you seeI need to hear it, can you promise me toKeep your eyes open, my love
Just past the circumstance. A first light, a second chance.No child could ever dance the way you do.Tear down the prison walls,Don't start the curtain call.Your chains will never fall until you do.
Don't let the night become the dayDon't take the darkness to the grave,I know pain is just a place.The will has been broken,Don't let the fear become the hate.Don't take the sadness to the grave,I know the fight is on the way,The sides have been chosen.

What do you take refuge in? Are there any musical escapes you use from time to time?? Share, so we can all rock along with you ;))
Always - Abbey



No comments:

Post a Comment