Saturday, September 10, 2011

Pinterest Inspiration

Ok... So I admit it! I am addicted to Pinterest!! It sucks me in daily, and I end up staring at it for hours on end pinning away!! I think to myself... are you really going to ever look back at these pins or better yet make any of them?!?! And then I proudly answer myself, Uh, Hell YES I AM!!! I already have :)))) I have made a couple dinners, been inspired for multiple teacher gifts, and crafts!!! And just to prove it, here is a little something I fixed up off a pin I saw. It was a Menu (Here's the blog)...but I thought chore chart!!!
I started with an old frame I found at the 50% off sale at Goodwill...
SCORED for only $1 !!! I then sponged some cream paint on it because I thought I was going to go for an antiqued white look... But,
I quickly changed my mind when I remembered I had some left over burlap from another craft... and decided to spray paint over the cream with red!
While the paint was drying in our 100 degree heat, I went in and started working on measuring the burlap for the inside. I used the back of the frame as a measuring tool (I am not a precise crafter, too ADD for exact measurements)!
Once I had a close enough match, I hot glued the cut burlap to the card board...
Then after adding the boys names, the number of chores I wanted them to work on thru the week and a cute divider to separate the boys names, this is what I had...
I plan on changing out the inside throughout the year to keep it fun.. but thought these colors fit with the start of school :) Moving on... after about 15 minutes in the Texas heat, the spray painted frame was dry! I then distressed it a bit using sand paper...
Here is the finished product, again!! I am really pleased with it, and the boys LOVE it!!!

I put little boxes under each chore, and when they complete it they get to color a box it! I am not the type of parent that can keep up with chores every day or consistently enough to make them do a certain number each day... so this works good for us because the boys know their chores by heart (Big boy can read and helps his little bro) and when they remember to do one or they are asked to help out they run to the chart to fill in a box!!! Our deal is that when all their boxes are filled in they get $2 total each. We have had our chart up almost a week and they each have about 4-5 boxes filled!! Not too shabby for Team Lewis :))

I am going to pin it on Pinterest, so pass it along and let me know if you make a version of your own!

Always - Abbey

No comments:

Post a Comment