Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Deep breaths and smiles..

I don't have anything 'important' to write or any events to share... We are on spring break around Casa de Lewis and filling the space so the boys don't wrestle themselves into the ER is the only agenda item on my list of to do's (that and the grocery store at some point)!!! I find it funny that sometimes as much as we long for the days of doing nothing, sometimes those are the hardest days to get thru! Maybe it's that we do better with a full schedule, or that we are just used to running and gunning from the moment we wake up to the moment we lay down!? Either way, I am just trying to take deep breaths and smile as much as possible!

In saying that, I will admit... doing that, taking deep breaths and smiling, isn't always my strongest skill set!! <insert shock and awwww sounds> I am a worrier, a stresser, a yeller, and sometimes a high strung person that doesn't deal well with stress!!! Imagine that... HA!!! It's easy to blog about how great things are, how happy our days have been... most of my facebook posts are of smiles and fun times! But I am also someone who believes, whole-heartedly in honesty and being realistic! So, I promised myself when I started blogging, that I would write about the not so great times too, share openly when our days aren't that awesome and my time hasn't been filled with cooking great meals and crafting, or creating happy memories!! So here it goes...

This week, I have gotten take out and reheated leftovers more that I have cooked... I have turned on the TV/computer more than I have played... I haven't cleaned or even thought about house work... it's just one of those weeks!! The boys have had to be separated in their rooms at times, my hubby hasn't felt good and has been laid up in bed, the dog has stolen her fair share of items that don't belong to her, and I have just wanted to sit in my pjs all day!!! But that's life... being lazy, stressed, out of sorts and disheveled is all part of living your life!! If you didn't have the bad times, you wouldn't recognize when you are smack dab in the middle of the great times!!!

To end, I will leave you with a sweet pic from this week that helps me to smile...
And in the interest of full disclosure.. right after I snapped this pic, little man crashed and burned off his scooter! There were tears, ripped jeans, scrapes, and I think he may have kicked the scooter a couple times!!!
Deep breaths and smiles...
Always - Abbey

No comments:

Post a Comment