Friday, February 3, 2012

Simple + Easy + Cheap = Just how I like to craft!!!!

I made this the other day and posted it on Facebook this morning...
Thought I would give a brief tutorial on how to make it since it is so simple, cheap and totally cute!!
First, I bought this little beauty from Goodwill for $1...
Then I bought this cool product for $5.99 at JoAnn Fabric...
I had to pick these little guys up too but they will last me (and my boys) a long time for a lot of various projects... so I don't really factor them into this project's current total ;)) See how my mind works?!
I followed the instructions, putting on the first coat and then letting it dry for an hour before applying the 2nd coat...

Here it is dried...
I then put the 2nd coat on and let it sit for 24 hours. Here it is 24 hours later...
Still a bit streaky to me, so I applied a 3rd thicker coat and let it sit for 24 hours! So, 2 days and this is what you get...
I should have taken a closer pic of the paint all dried but it was all I could stand to hang it and not write on it right away.... so this is all I did before I had to walk away so that I wouldn't bust out the chalk and start writing away!!! LOL :))))))

Always - Abbey

No comments:

Post a Comment