Sunday, November 11, 2012

{Thankful} Day 11

When I see this picture, I think of the contentment our boys have.
They don't fear for their safety or worry about their protection.
They are wrapped in warmth each night.
Comforted by their beds.
They can wander into our room and cuddle up any time they want.
For that I am Thankful.
I know our lives are free.
We are protected and given peace because of those that have gone before us.
People who don't even know us fight for us in countries our boys may never know.
The peace and safety we feel each night isn't free, there is a cost.
A cost countless others have given without a second thought.
When I see this picture, I am reminded that we are content, and safe...
We are Thankful!!

Happy Veteran's Day.

Always - Abbey

No comments:

Post a Comment