Sunday, August 11, 2013

My Mantle Shuffle

I like change.
I find comfort in finding new spots for old things.
The month to month movement of my favorite pictures and knick knacks allows me to seek happiness in new places within my house on a daily basis.
{Plus it calms my ADD/OCD jitters and gives me an excuse as to why I have so much STUFF}
Moving on to August...
Back to school is on the horizon and it is the perfect excuse time to redecorate a bit!!! 
And if you have read any past posts... the chickens have found their way inside as well and fit well with my school is cool theme!!!
Do our boys notice the 'subtle' back to school hints in my decor.... ummm... Heck Yes!!! 
Are they as excited as I am to look at the flashcards and oooo and ahhh over the vintage spelling book I found at our local antique store last fall... ummm... Not So Much!!! 
But 1 for 1 isn't bad in my opinion, at least they notice the change and I am sure they will thank me once they are grown and have their own kids!!!
{Can you tell I am stretching here.... Ha!!!!}
It's the little things that make me happy!
And when I move those little things around my house, from spot to spot and corner to corner...
 I find even more happiness!!
Happy August....

No comments:

Post a Comment