Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Putting It Out There 2.0

A little over a year ago I decided to start this blog. For many reasons I felt the need to share more, document more and allow myself a space to find peace. It has given me all that and more!!! But now, I feel like I need another chance to put something out there and see how it sticks... kinda like I did last April in this post! There are many reasons for opening up myself like this, and many reasons why I chose to use my blog as the outlet! For starters, I feel more confident with my words than I do any other form of explanation or expression. Who knows why?? Probably cause it is my space, I am on it alone and no one can interrupt me or break my flow of thought! It goes along with a sense of self protection while self expression is the ultimate goal!

Almost a year ago (7 months) I decided to really embrace my own health and wellness, past anything I had ever attempted before! Being a life long athlete, you would think that isn't something that would be hard or even needed... but it was! There are millions of people out there, athletes, non-athletes alike who struggle with self image, body acceptance, health, wellness, confidence in one's self physically and mentally! The list could go on, and I think there probably wouldn't be one person who dared to disagree with me that at some point in their lives, for however long, wanted or wished or tried to change their physical appearance, whether thru diet, exercise, drugs, surgery, or all of the above! We all do it! We all look at other's and long to have a body or physique other than our own... it's human nature to compare and to contrast ourselves with those around us, and more so with those that society lift on a pedestal of approved beauty or embraced body size! I do it all the time... I wish I could lose 10lbs... If I could just drop these last 2 dress sizes, I'd be happy... Man, if I had her height in high school, I could've been Division 1 in volleyball... How is that, this mom is a size 2 after 4 kids, and I struggle to stay in the single digits after only 2 kids?!!?!? Mental comparisons, verbal barrating and self struggle!! It's there!!

I wanted it to stop, or at least lessen in my own head... so I decided to challenge myself and change things up a bit! I took what I was already doing.. working out and eating what I wanted, and decided to get serious and real about what I was putting into my body on a consistent basis! I kept working out (3-5 times a week), started watching what I ate but didn't deny myself anything major, but ADDED in a healthy nutritional change for breakfast, and some lunches! It's not rocket science... it's not some hidden secret that only the 'fit' girls have!!! It was shared with me by an unexpected friend family member over some random holiday get together!! The addition came in the form of Herbalife! A company that has been around for ages, the one meal replacement I hadn't tried yet!! And believe me, I had tried them all!!! Herbalife is a very welcoming, normal, down to earth company that promotes health and wellness!! Don't get me wrong, I was skeptical... I had tried most all of the shakes and supplements out there but none of them seemed to be me. Some were good but expensive. Most companies were advertising people using their products who, I totally didn't think looked anything like me, no one I thought I could identify with!! BUT I tried them all... and failed, got bored, couldn't manage to drink another shake if you paid me, gave up, basically didn't find MY success!

It's been a slow process, I didn't turn into wonder woman over night (who does?), most would probably say I don't look much different!! But that's not what I care about... what I care about is how I feel, what I think, what I am mentally telling MYSELF!!!!! The comparisons have lessened, the verbal beat downs in my head for who I could be and what I should be doing have subsided, it all just got clearer!! That's what I am finding as I plug along in this little life of mine!!! Stop accepting your self worth based off people who surround you, they can't ever truly add up your worth for you... that's up to you!!! Put aside what isn't within you and embrace what you want, what feels right to you!! It even holds true in the health, wellness and the fitness world, who knew?!!? Ha!

OK....
I am hesitantly sharing this picture (much to my friend family/motivator's dismay), because I am not flashy that way!!! Let's face it... how many people out there want others to see a pic of them in less than covering clothing :))!?! I don't care how fit or firm you are, it's still unnerving to have that image of yourself out there!!!  And for me, I can't just post a picture without my words there to guide it!!! To me it's more than just about a picture! One image shown or posted somewhere can't sum me up!!! What it is about is accountability, motivation, small successes that drive me to want to do more, share more and be better!!! So... here it is, my 'outer' change in just a short 7 months... followed by more of my words to explain! :)) Of course....
The thing with physical change is that it's in the eye of the beholder, and all too often we give that eye to those who shouldn't be beholding!!! It's hard for me to admit that I don't care what other's will think about this post, or my health choices, or my wellness attitude, or my over all self! Because the truth is, I do care! We all do... and if you say you don't, I know there is a tiny whisper in the back of your head that says otherwise!! What I have done is for me, it's about me, and in the end it's only my opinion that matters!!! But, yet I will still worry and ponder the what if's and the thoughts of those reading... meh, it's just a part of me that I can't deny!!! Denying it is too tiresome :)) I've tried that for too long!

What I am going to do is embrace what I have done and share it with those that I love and who love me!!! To add to this new wellness path I am working on, I am planning on pairing it with a part of my life that has been there in one way or another since I was in the 4th grade... thru my fitness and exercise! I am adding my health and wellness choices into my life as a fitness instructor and fitness coach! Those that know me know I love my workout pals, I grasp on to them and bagger them into taking my classes, joining me for 5/10K runs, and pretty much fling my sweat on them if given the chance :)) (ok that's a bit much)... but it goes without saying, I love my fitness pals (proof of love)!!! I surround myself with them daily, via email, facebook and text messages!!! To take all of that one step further, I have begun to be a wellness coach to some, a fitness coach to others, sometimes just a sounding board for help or an ear to listen when they need it!! And I love all of it!!!!!! 

Paired more fully with Herbalife now, I am also sharing this company, it's products and wonderful mission with those that want to join in, try it out, or jump full force into the path I have taken! After this post I plan on adding in fitness and wellness posts once a week, here on this site, to help reach as many people as I can, in any form I can! Whether it be a healthy recipe, a fitness move of the day, motivational quotes, or even a rough but honest account of my journey.... I am putting it out there!!! It will fall under my new look and logo...
The [AMP]Le Life name idea came to me out of my blog... [AMP] is basically a short way to say A Moments Peace. When I workout or get excited about health and wellness I get AMP'ed up, and I believe we are all looking for an Ample Life! An 'ample' life means something different to everyone! Some want security in finances, most desire motivation, some look for health in their own lives and the lives of those around them, some strive for inner peace, some will settle for what looks like outer peace.... An [AMP]Le Life is a goal, a want, a desire to do better and be more!!! And that's what I want to help people do... be more, do better, and live life to the fullest!!! Through this journey I hope to be there for those that want me to share with them what I do in my health and wellness plan thru Herbalife. One step at a time, together we can all work on our goals and achieve them in our own time, in our own way!!!! 

I am so excited and nervous at the same time... I think that's the way it's supposed to be when you are passionate about something!!! Look out for what's to come... It's going to be fun!!! For more information or to get a head start on your own [AMP]Le Life journey, contact me at abbey_L@ymail.com or leave a comment or message me on facebook!!!! 
Life is waiting.... Don't waste a moment... Find your peace!!!

Always - Abbey

2 comments:

  1. A-MAZING!!! Great work Abbey!!! You are awesome and so very brave! You look absolutely fabulous and should be so proud!

    ReplyDelete