Tuesday, May 31, 2011

New Idea

As you can tell, I am a little fabric flower crazy! Ha... I have found ways to put them on almost everything! Pins, clips, head bands, pens, candles... and now PILLOWS!!! 
Take a look at my latest idea:
Not too shabby :)))
Here is the tutorial on how to make it...

What you will need:
1 pillow
2 yards of fabric, cut or ripped into a 2-3 inch strip
hot glue
needle and thread
bling or button for middle

To start, take your fabric and rip or cut a strip that is 2 yards (or longer depending on how big you want the flower) and tie a knot on one end.



Next place the knotted end of the fabric strip on the middle of the pillow and secure with the needle and thread.




After it is secure, begin to wrap the fabric around the knot... twisting and folding fabric along the way. Every turn secure the wrap with a dot or line of hot glue. Be sure to make the glue marks as close to the fabric line as possible...




Once the fabric is wrapped all the way around add a bling piece or button to middle of the flower!! And there you have it!!! So easy and so fun!!! 


I am going to use my pillow (and maybe one more) on my front porch as July 4th decorations! But depending on what type of pillow you use, you can use them as throw pillows for the couch, your bed, or any decorative chair!!!
I have a couple more ideas and color combinations for pillows that I will post later!!!

Always - Abbey

No comments:

Post a Comment