Sunday, July 20, 2014

Embracing You

Growing up. Getting older. Maturing. 
None of it is easy. Rarely do we get to fully huddle around the knowledge and wisdom that age brings. By the time we need that knowledge, at whatever age we needed it, we either don''t quite grasp it or haven't a clue what to do with it. And once we do, that time has passed. All we can do is embrace the you that is of now, in the current time and space. 
As I watch our boys growing up and learning to find themselves I can't help but feel a squeeze in my heart. Not just because they aren't babies anymore but really because I hate the fact that they can't see what amazing beings they are right here and now. They, just like us all, are worried about where they fit it, what can they do next and how will they get to go conquer the currently deemed 'big thing!' I ache for them to know that who they are is so very precious, no 'big thing' necessary. I wish and hope that they have an easier time loving themselves thru the stages and ages in life than I did. I want them to embrace who they are and not feel as tho they have to shape and mold to fit into this world. The world will shape and mold to them if they just hold tight to the grace that was given to them when they were formed!
Loving yourself is one of the biggest gifts of mercy our God gives us, but it's also one of His biggest lessons in faith, trust, and obedience to His word. I didn't know that until just recently. I pray our boys will learn it sooner than I did. 
Until then I will keep whispering and repeating my mantra of "Remember Who You Are Boys..." and circle them {and myself} in prayers of embrace!

A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing...
Ecclesiastes 3:5

No comments:

Post a Comment