Wednesday, April 25, 2012

What a Difference a Week Makes

True to form... with every down comes an up, and with every up there is always a down!
The past 2 weeks have had smiles, tears, running, sitting, laughing, yelling, quiet, noise, fun, and some not so fun times!! You would think that I would know this by now? I would learn to wait out the bad cause I know the good is right around the corner!! But in the thick of it, I sometimes forget to keep my head up and I am so focused on the bad, my eyes avoiding contact staring straight down cause that's how I roll when I am stressed out, it's my M.O. when I am just barely muddling thru! But when I do look up, when I do decide to refocus my eyes I see what I should always see... another day, another chance to redo or start again, and looking in the right direction I see the good that is about to turn the corner and rock my world!

That what this week has been... eyes straight up, focused on the good... looking and seeing the precious good that is filling my days with opportunity, redo's, chances to just sit still and know that everything is the way it should be.

We have played in the backyard after family dinner, soaking up every last ray of sun and the cool breezes that the days have been giving...
 This is the goodness I was talking about... totally rocked my world!

We did homework with the doors and windows open...
Some of the best memories I can recall are of spring afternoons when my mom would open windows and we would run from the front yard to the back and then over to neighbor's houses! Nothing beats the scent of a spring afternoon...
Well... maybe a popsicle and your best dog beats the smell of spring?! All of that together is some sort of awesome goodness, I tell ya!

I even got to see my hubby in the middle of the day, and not on a weekend...Whoa! I so dig the peace and stillness our house has in the midst of bussle! The kids can be playing, the dog panting and running around, TV on, sink water going... yet if we are all home, I feel stillness of heart and a peacefulness that makes me smile!

Little things make me happy, when goodness comes knocking...
Rain boots left out and a new bird feeder... who knew they would help bring spirit's up!?

I decided to change out our bed linens... for too many years than I'd like to admit, we have had a dark comforter and basically dark tones in our master bedroom... This week, I took steps to change that! Time for some color around these parts!!! Teal, blues, and light yellowish-brown to be exact! It's a slow process... but I will transform this room by summer!! Happiness...

I got crafty...
I haven't really been using my craft gene lately... but when I did these last minute/hurried projects, I can't tell ya the happiness high it gave me! It is teacher appreciation week at little man's school... making things for these sweet ladies is a goodness given! They are awesome!

Lastly... as I opened big boy's backpack yesterday, I saw this...
It wasn't an assignment, not a required project or writing essay where he was made to put to words why he loves us... He said he did this during free time! HELLO Goodness! Why yes, Happiness... I hear you knocking!!! There isn't a person on God's green earth that wouldn't smile after reading that!!

I have learned my lesson... touche yin and yang! With good comes bad, and with bad ALWAYS comes good! You just have to keep your eyes up and look in the right direction to catch it ;)

Always - Abbey






No comments:

Post a Comment