Saturday, April 7, 2012

Family Time

I saw this quote in a magazine...
"Gardening is a way of showing that you believe in tomorrow"
- Anonymous

When I read it, I immediately thought of last Sunday and our impromptu family day...
First we all hit up Lowe's... and got the ceremonial jarrito's!
 Then the hunt for gardening supplies began...
 The boy's wanted to add some gnomes to the front beds this year...
We returned home for a quick porch picnic...
And then got down to the dirty, digging fun!!!
Even tho it was a family effort, we took full advantage of the child labor...
I had fun creating my porch pots, as I do every year!! My challenge is to keep them alive in the Texas heat... Last year I kept them blooming thru October!!!! We'll see if I can do that again this year?? 
I added some simple touches to the entryway that speak to the impending springtime season....

The whole time we enjoyed each other, the weather, and the dirt, this song played...
And it couldn't have been a better theme song for the day!! Everything is better when we are together... 
Even when time swirls along like a crazy carousel that won't stop turning, time spent together makes the ride enjoyable! 
And the above quote couldn't have summed it up better... I want our boys to believe in tomorrow! I long for them to savior their lives, and our time as a family! Stealing moments like these, when our busy schedule suddenly frees up is important so that they know being home together can be just as fun and purposeful as running from event to event, or soccer game to soccer game! I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate the coming week and prepare for Easter... planting hope, sowing love, and remembering that 'believing in tomorrow' is always 'better when we are together'!

Always - Abbey

No comments:

Post a Comment