Monday, January 2, 2012

Journaling Thru January...
I had an unexpected chance to look thru my journal entries from last year on New Year's Eve... 
and let me tell you I am so thankful that I took the time to reread them, not only because it was a beautiful day outside and I soaked up some much needed Vitamin D while reading but because it also really opened my eyes to some great insight on my year's joys, sorrows, accomplishments and where I fell short... like mysteriously dropping off my entires at around May!! I also got a good couple giggles at my drama, lack of penmanship and of course the memories, those always bring sweet smiles!

So with that said, I am going to try something.. I am going to blog some of my journal entires this first month of a fresh new year!! What better way to kick off 2012 than by sharing goals, hopes, and devotional thoughts and hold myself a little more accountable by passing on those daily (hopefully) moments!!! I plan to add a little of everything.. fitness, healthy recipes, spiritual and motivational entires, in the hope that I can keep myself motivated throughout the month and into the year and also on the off chance I get a reader or two ;)) maybe you can gain some helpful inspiration too!!!

Yesterday I ended the day by reading a devotional that lead with the verse 
John 3:16... 
For God so loved the world that he gave his only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but will have eternal life.
Then it proceeded to ask and probe on how we go about knowing, understanding, and receiving the vastness of God!? I thought that was a perfect thing to read and think about this time of year, especially since this time of year is when everyone vows to do better, be more, or try harder! I love seeing people try to better themselves, I try to do it every day and quite honestly get frustrated when I don't feel like I am moving in the right direction! But I found comfort in this last statement that was paired with the above verse... 
As humans, we can't study, search out or discover the Holy Spirit on our own terms or our own time. Only God can show you that vastness, in his time and on his terms. This is because most things learned go from your head to your heart, but when God shows you the Holy Spirit in it's vastness it goes from your heart to your head.
All things have to start with your heart... and that's just what I am going to try to improve upon this new year, leading with my heart and not my head! Taking time to see God's vastness in his terms, not mine!!

Happy New Year... From my Heart
To Yours!

Always - Abbey

No comments:

Post a Comment