Friday, August 19, 2011

Dresser Make-over

Today I am going to share a dresser redo that I did a couple of months ago... not sure why I haven't blogged about it sooner?! But today as I read Miss Mustard Seed I remembered I had done this and wanted to link it up!!!
So here it goes...
As I have mentioned before I love to stalk follow blogs!! On a lot of them I was seeing many of them use dressers as entry way or hall tables... and I instantly fell in love!!! I found this little gem for a steal at our local antique store, so I scooped it up as soon as I could (and many thanks to my momma who then treating me to it for my birthday ;) )
As you can see, not the best wood color and it was a little boring... but I had a vision!!!
Using Behr Deep Base Paint, Color: Mocha Accent, this is what became of my vision...
Totally different, right!?
I didn't take step by step pictures because I was in a rush, but the process was super easy! I sanded the wood down and wiped it clean, painted it with the Behr paint listed above (which is so great because you don't have to prime it... Behr products already have it mixed in the paint and it usually only needs one coat). Then I distressed it by hand using sandpaper...
I  also changed out a couple sets of the hardware to add some pop to it!!
I loved the little original hardware but didn't like the look of it for all over the dresser!

Here is the finished product... somewhat... since we are moving (God willing) I didn't add as many accents to the wall or chach-keys (is that how you spell it?) on and around it!! But you get the idea...
Not the best pic, sorta dark... sorry!!! I so need to invest in a better camera :))
Although I haven't redone anything since, this project made me want to go thru my whole house and repaint, distress, and redo every piece of furniture we have!! Much to my husband's liking, I refrained! BUT as soon as we move... watch out existing furniture I'm coming for ya :D

Always - Abbey

1 comment: