Sunday, July 24, 2011

Being Present...

I love the quote "Begin Each Day as if it were On Purpose" I have a little plaque in our house with that written on it, that has been shuffled from the kitchen to the living room, and now it sits perched on a shelf!! I like to keep it in places that will catch my eye, in hopes to make me pause and think, to slow down, to look around... To Be Present....!!!!
Often times I think that even tho I am physically present at events, parties, or just simple moments in my life spent at home... I am not totally mentally present and I miss out on a lot of precious moments, special smiles, milestone conversations, and what could be intriguing interactions!! I hate feeling that way... I want to savor moments without worry of what's coming next, who is around, or who I have to look out for or take care of, how am I going to accomplish all that needs to be done, where will the following moment take me... I exhaust myself with thought, all the while missing the small stuff!!!!
I pray to be more in tune with each experience, relishing in every moment... no matter if it is good or if it is bad, just be there with purpose!!! To do this a little better I also try to read thought provoking devotionals or stories... Check this out and tell me it doesn't make you think with purpose:

Every Prayer, every thought, every statement, every feeling is creative. 
To the degree that it is fervently held as truth, to that degree will it be made manifest in your experience.

I love that! 
What it says to me is... every part of your being is in constant change, continuous movement...never ending; and it is up to you how you make that movement special, monumental, purposeful!!! No one can do it for you... God has put the ball in your court and it is up to you how you are going to play it! 
So, to be honest... for me that is both awesome and frightening! ha... But none the less it is motivating! I am responsible for my happiness, no one else!! I am the person that can create good or bad... be present or not!!! It is up to me :))) Sometimes I fail miserably at remembering this but some days I own it like no other!!!!
Here are some moments from our summer that we created and owned with great and awesome purpose...





Always - Abbey


No comments:

Post a Comment