Thursday, March 7, 2013

Counting Blessings {VDay recap}

The past few weeks have taken us by storm. Just like every year, the lead up to spring comes on like a wave of endless days filled with too many appointments and an over abundance of places to be. We loose track of our hours, end up being crabby and ultimately loosing sight of what is right in front of us. We loose sight of what's most important, our family! Plain and simple, we let the 'things' take over the 'us' that brings on smiles and laughter, the 'us' that gives smiles and relaxing moments!!! Our boys have been tired and whinny, begging to stay up later to play, fighting us to sleep in and crying through the school drop off lane! My hubs and I are walking zombies, trying our best (but failing) to keep our whits about us as we rush thru the day to day and skip over the bedtimes stories at night so that we can grab that extra minute of sleep that we so desperately need! Basically... we need a break. We need to reboot so that we can remember 'us' and forget 'things' that get in the way of counting our blessings.
So that is what I am doing today, I am taking a break and counting my blessings. I am barricading myself at home (with the exception of a visit to the doctor) and forcing myself to rest and recoup. While I force feed myself quiet time, I thought it would be nice to look back at our Valentine's day pics. The pics I never got around to posting... The pics that I never put words to... The pics that got lost in the shuffle of 'things' and took a back seat to sleepless nights and wake less mornings of stress and over looked blessings... The pics that truly make me remember 'Us'!

{Team Lewis, VDay 'Glow in the Dark Dinner' 2013}

These are our blessings. This is 'Us'... No matter the day, no matter the time!! Even when we forget and let 'things' get in the way, we are a family and that is our biggest Blessing!!!

Always - Abbey




1 comment:

  1. I nominated you for a blogger award, Leibster...check out my post for more details.

    http://joyfulinchaos.blogspot.com/2013/03/leibster.html

    ReplyDelete